God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Martin Luther. John Calvin. Ulrich Zwingli. I have been introduced to these few friends and many others, and have had the pleasure of making their acquaitance. Of course the pleasure is all mine, in this case. I was thinking through some of the Reformation movement that has taken place in history. I realised that many times, these reformations did not take place in isolation but alongside what was happening historically, socially and etc. King Henry VIII did not break away from Rome because he felt that they were spiritually off in their theology or practise. But in fact had a personal agenda. He wanted to divorce his wife, rather to have his marriage annulled, so that he could marry another lady and hope she could bear him a son. Nevertheless, some very good things came out of this move, including the translation of the English Bible at a later date. God has always worked out His plans and advance His kingdom, despite and even through the evil plans of men. One classic example of this is the crucifixion of Christ. That is something that boggles me and yet, provides me with much hope. I'm so amazed because I know that sometimes when 'evil' plans seem to succeed, it does not necessarily mean that all is lost and that God is defeated! For us at that point in time, like the disciples in the days of Jesus, it may seem like that. But like Tony Campolo said in his famous sermon, It's Friday but Sunday is Coming! We're living in the already-but-not yet period. Sometimes I really don't like the tension but then again, it's also most exciting times to be alive. I need to consciously remind myself that when I see things around me not working out, or even in myself, I must be careful to suspend my judgment. The game is still on and it's far from over! Yes, we've passed the half -time mark, but the whistle is not blown yet! What's more, we know that finally we are the champions!!!!! The final scores will show it. Hang in there and hang on. You've not even seen any real action yet so far.

No comments: