God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

How Long

One of the guys at the Alpha International have been asking us if you're given a choice today, would you prefer to go to heaven or remain on earth, and why. He was asking this genuinely and could not understand how anyone, given that choice would choose anything but the latter. I understand where he is coming from. And I understand too that he still does not know and is not certain what, or more precisely, Who, is awaiting to receive him on the other side.
As mentioned in my earlier blog, my mind cannot help sometimes but to ponder on the increasing darkness around me and think, "How long O Lord?" My prayer is that I would not lose hope but continue to keep my eyes on Christ. That I would not despair and think that He's left us without any comfort or hope. Instead I remind myself of His words "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:3). This truth was also rbought out in the words in the songs we sung in Chapel today. Praise be to God.

No comments: