God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Appreciate Prayers

Worked till I almost drop today. It's the first day of the new term but I plan to work full day on Monday this term as I don't have any class on Mondays. Realised I really enjoy being busy, although some of the task are quite mundane, like photocopying and compiling materials to be posted to our visiting faculty for Spring and Summer school. I don't think I will enjoy working in a job that just 'goyang-kaki' (direct translation = shake leg; being idle). So meaningless and you don't feel you've earned your wage. Not just about being busy, but since I've attended Summer School, I understand how important it is that everything is well planned and must run like clockwork because there is very little margin for errors and courses are very intensive. A million possible things can go wrong thus careful planning at this stage to minimise as much hiccups as possible is really crucial.

My prayer requests for this term:
1. Discipline and diligence to study! Note I'm not asking for good results... although that is not a necessity it is nevertheless always welcome! :D
2. To keep maintain a healthy balance in my life. Simple things like exercise, sleeping, eating and leisure require intentional effort to maintain them in a healthy balance.
3. To grow deeper in and closer to Christ - if my time here is nothing more than just an academic exercise, then I think I've completely missed the point. Pray that my prayer life and reading of the bible will not be forsaken and neglected, nor will it only be done because it is required by my courses - although I'm suppose to complete reading the whole New Testament by the end of this term!
4. Financial prudence and management of my finances as He wants me to, according to kingdom principles and priority. I'll also be putting in my application for scholarship for next year. Trusting Him for His provision.
5. Finding my place in church - while I've kind of settled in a church here, I have not really found my place there. Pray He'd show me how He wants me to get involved in the fellowship in the local church.
6. Pray for the international students that I meet up with every Friday evening for the Alpha group. I am helping with the Bible Study on the book of Acts with those who've gone through the Alpha on previous occassions; some more than once.
7. Effectiveness in my part-time job - to be able to do a good job, make minimal mistakes and complete my given tasks on time. That is not too much to ask for right?

Ok something totally unrelated....
I had this crazy idea (nothing new), what will happen if we played Monopoly according to Kingdom principles of finance sterwardship? How would that look like? I imagine one will probably not collect rent from those who stop at your house/hotel for the first time, or if they have no money to pay. Share your 'Get Out of Jail Free' card with your neighbour who lands in jail. Distribute your 'windfall' income with all the other players. The Banker will remind you if you forgot to collect your 'wage' when you pass Go. Share to pay when someone picks up a card that cost him a bomb (like failure to pay last year's tax). At the end of the day, everyone will be rich and only the bank will be poor! And boy, won't you like to see that happen in the real world?!

No comments: