God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Love that won't let go

Sometimes life seems overwhelming. What do I do at those times? Well, I cry a little. Then I pray and I pray... and I wonder if God is listening! At times, there's not a lot more that I can do except to wait. Wait for the next thing to happen, for the situation to settle, for things to change or even worse, for people to change! I want to know if God is in still in control of the situation; if He's doing anything about it; if He is going to come through for me.

However more often than not, I end up taking control of the situation and doing what I can to bring forth the results I desire, hardly giving any thought of what His desired results are in those situations.

Yet He bears with me; with my impatience and lack of faith. He understands that I am but a weak vessel and shows me His grace nevertheless. He still comes through and does not hold it against me for taking things into my own hands. O you of little faith! I can almost hear Him say. The thing that amazes me most is the fact that He still manages to work out His will in my life and nothing can make Him give up His work on me! I don't deserve such mercy and grace. Don't ever let go, Lord!

Father, help me to extend the same grace to others who are faltering and fumbling along their journey at times when life seems overwhelming. How easy it is for me to feel that they can do better and demand that they should! Open my eyes to see that in the same way Your love will never let them go ... but will be faithful to complete the work You've begun in each of our lives!

No comments: