God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Seek and you shall find

I love cars. Beautiful cars. Cars which I consider beautiful anyways. Have you ever noticed how certain model of cars seem to 'appear' everywhere just because you've taken a fancy for them? I have. My current top 10 list includes the BMW X5 and Volvo XC90 - they seem to cross my path almost daily and these are not exactly the common models for those brands of car. I am learning that our mind is very powerful indeed. It will spot things that are familiar to us and especially things we are looking out for, albeit unconsciously. I noticed this in church when I seem to keep 'bumping' into people once I've been introduced to them, while I never knew they existed before even though we've been attending the same church for years! That's why I believe we ALWAYS find what we 'look out' for.

That got me thinking. Is that why I tend to find certain traits in people, when others may not even notice, be it positive or negative? Is it then any surprise that I should find what I'm looking for?! Traits that I find irritating have an amazing way of standing out, like a tour guide waving a red flag - can spot it from a distance! More often than not, the negative traits are much more obvious than the positive ones. It is a very sad state. It is even sadder because I know this critical and judgmental attitude really stems from pride and in God's opinion, pride stinks.

The best gift I can offer to another fellow human being (even more so for a fellow Christian) is Grace. These are some ways I can think of to extend Grace:
- look out for positive traits in each person.
- give them the benefit of the doubt when they seem to portray a negative trait.
- do not jump to conclusion that it is a character flaw unless they consistently prove themselves to be so, over and over again, until it is beyond a shadow of doubt. Unless and until then, their innocence shall be assumed!
- Even if they have met the standard of proof, constantly remind myself, that all things are possible with God.

So help me God! I need Your grace more than ever before.

No comments: