God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

People should be more -----?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all.
~Alfred Lord Tennyson.

I once heard a radio deejay ask this... How would you fill in the blanks to this statement "People should be more ____?" My almost instant answer to that was "Expressive"! I'm a firm believer that Love must be expressed. As much as possible, I try to let those I love know how much they mean to me and how much I love and appreciate them. I constantly remind myself that I don't know what tomorrow holds so I cannot afford to take anything or anyone for granted.

At the same time, I tell people not to wait till I die to say nice things about me; there's no point in giving me a fancy eulogy! I much rather hear it whem I'm alive. Yet I must admit that more often than not I find myself not short of negative comments (under the guise of 'constructive remarks') and don't take enough time to affirm those around me. Sigh... I still have lots of learning to do.

A friend commented that the way one filled in the blanks would probably reveal a little of the kind of person they are. So how would you fill in the blanks?

2 comments:

Dave said...

Someone once told me that what is personal is also wat is most universal... by sharing your journey, others can look over your shoulders and see, "Hey I'm going thru the same thing!"

It's always interesting to see how God has wired us differently... look forward to ur reflections, keep up the good work!

http://hedonese1.blogspot.com

preciouscw said...

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Glad to be an encouragement to a fellow sojourner. Always open to meeting like-minded folks.