God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Gift of Life

I am conscious that some who are reading this blog may be discovering a darker and more melancholic side of me. Yes, even the choice of song (for now at least) reflects that ... 'All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray'! For someone who is normally seen as bubbly, totally sanguine in nature and full of life, this may come as a real surprise to some. This is me; the more private and reflective me. Just one who has had a taste of brokenness and learning to come to terms with my own humanity - to some degrees anyways. I am keenly aware and am grateful to acknowledge that I'm constantly at the receiving end of grace, both from Him and others around me. I have had my share of mountain-top and valley experiences in my own journey. I don't know where I will be today if not for Him, who saw me through the dark nights of depression and even being suicidal at some points. Perhaps that's why nowadays I've learnt (and am still learning) to see things differently... that every day is a gift of life to be truly cherished and lived to the full.

No comments: