God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

You'll Never Walk Alone



There are not many weekends that a Liverpool fan can boast of... especially in this season. Last Sunday was one of those! A 2-1 scoreline is more than what I had hoped for!
Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal


My friend, a Manchaster United fan, had more faith than I had, to believe Liverpool could slay the giants. Needless to say he had his own agenda, hoping the defeat would close the gap between Man United and the Gunners. The results shocked me and as you can well see, I've yet to recover from it. I am proud to say that ManU no longer can boast of being the only ones to defeat Arsenal! It's a hard blow for the Arsenal fans. Both these arch rivals are meeting at the Carling Cup on Thursday morning (KL time) and I can't wait to see the showdown!

By the way, did I mention I enjoy watching football, especially EPL? Support Liverpool and any team that plays against Manchaster United (it's pretty obvious!) Other loves include rugby (international matches) and F1. My favourite person on the rugby and football field usually is the referee! Somehow think they have a very tough job, especially when two strong teams are playing each other. In rugby you can actually hear very clearly the call of foul play and what the exact offence is. So cool! The referee is probably the lowest paid person on the field and most of them do it part-time, out of passion, but he is the fittest of them all, trailing the ball up and down the field to both ends of the goal posts! As for F1, I always look out for pit stops during the races. Think the team has a big part in determining the outcome of the race, and often don't get half the kind of pay and recognition given to the driver. :-(

I guess this just reflects how I feel about people in the background. They are the key to success although not often given the same recognition nor duly remunerated. For every star personality, there is a star team that stands behind their success because you'll never walk alone.

No comments: