God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Friday, October 29, 2004

Thinking is hard work

A time to be silent and a time to speak (Ecc 3:7b)

This is probably the season for speaking, after a period of silence.

Today I learned that I enjoy intellectually stimulating conversations, discoursing about life and debating on issues concerning the Christian faith. I find them very helpful to keep my mind alert and sharp, as I challenge my assumptions, belief systems and world views. Of course there are times when I need to share what I am going through and my feelings. I have certain friends that I can look to in those moments. However it's not easy to find like-minded folks who are not intimidated when I initiate theological discussions and are willing to take up the challenge! Thinking is hard work and nobody likes to disturb the status quo. Thus such rare gems are always cherished. Thank God for thinking Christians.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Hi Cheryl,

Indeed it's hard nowadays to be a reflective Christian and not be given a funny look that says, "Aren't u supposed to believe and not rationalise??"

So it's always a pleasure to meet other believers who share similar interest in loving the Lord with all our mind as well... I have been 'collecting' like-minded frens to do this via http://hedonese1.blogspot.com

Pls free to browse around when ur free... and maybe we can start a conversation? A ringgit for your thots?

preciouscw said...

Have been checking in on your blog once in a while. Ringgit for my thoughts - are you sure? It can be a costly affair :D Can't help noticing the time you entered your comment!