God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Excellence: An Attitude

I have a knack of spotting mistakes, grammatical, typo, spelling, paragraph formatting ... even an extra spacing! I used to think it's because I am paranoid about such mistakes and am a total perfectionist. I can't deny that my professional training has sensitised me to such mistakes and given me an intolerance for them. However I think it's a matter of wanting to produce work that is excellent! I guess that's one my personal values. I believe we should strive to do our best and not settle for anything less than excellence. I'm not perfect and I'll be the first to admit that, which is why I take pains to look up dictionaries to double check on spelling and grammar usage when I have to draft or proofread something.

As Christians, we are called to do everything as unto the Lord. Therefore I should give God my best in every piece of work I produce. I told a friend today that it saddens me to see that the world demands for excellence but Christians should expect God to settle for anything less. Bottomline, it is not the number of mistakes made but the attitude that counts.

On a more pragmatic note, I think if each of us seek to reduce and minimise the number of mistakes made, we would not have not to waste time and money undoing these mistakes. When a friend tried to assure me, 'It's okay, we can always redo it if it's wrong' to which my immediate response was, 'Why not get it right the first time??'

1 comment:

/Jan-ne-sis/ said...

My sentiments exactly!