God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The Road Less Travelled

In view of my imminent move to Canada, I'd like to share this poem with all those who've journeyed with me thus far. I appreciate all the support, well wishes and prayers by friends and loved ones. This poem expresses very clearly how I feel although this is more like a well-trodden path rather than the road less travelled. Many have led the way before me and they now cheer me on as I take this step. I am grateful for their loving encouragement that has given me the confidence I needed to step out. Where will this lead to? I don't really know. All I ask is that it will lead me closer towards Him. For the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.


The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

- By Robert Frost

1 comment:

CheaYee said...

hehe.....yup Robert Frost....

one of his more well known poems