God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

God help!

That's the shortest prayer I can think of and comes in real handy too. My phantom housemates have decided that 12am is a good time to running in and out of the flat. I think it was the guys... must have done it for like 30 times, between the main door, bathroom and bedroom. Probably kept it up until about 4am! Took the life out of me when I was struggling to go to bed. Boy, believe me all that can be very trying. So I woke up in between to read the bible and this was the verse I was reading: I will lie down in peace and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe. (Ps 4:8). Great huh?

Met some new students at Orientation this morning. Lovely bunch and a good mix too, with 2 American girls, one local guy (Taiwanese origin), Japanese couple and the 2 Korean guys seniors who showed us around! That's Regent for you. It's a small group at Orientation cause they only do it for those who'd be staying through the year and not for those who only come in to do summer school. A few hundred of them will be coming in just for that! The meeting with the Registrar went ok. Gotta make some tough decisions on my classes for Summer courses. Torn between taking classes that I would be helpful towards my course and those taught by great lecturers who come through only for the summer (the very reason I chose to start in summer in the first place). Umm will have to pray real hard tonight!

Found out that my residence has wifi connection as well. So don't be surprised if you see me online more often... Alex have managed to hook me up with his friends from church here. Will probably check them out tomorrow night or latest by this Sunday. The church is not very near but I think there are people from church who lives near me and can give me a ride. Will see how it goes.

5 comments:

jedibaba said...

So happy to get your detailed updates. They are great!! And writing them may help keep you sane too!
Phantom housemates? This is North America so you gotta speak up. If they continue to kacau your sleep you gotta confront them, in love of course. :)
I suspect it is partly due to your having to adjust to sleeping in a new room in a new world...
And for the tension between the courses... hahaha welcome to Regent. There will always be tussles between different courses!
As long as I get to fulfill my requirements in the end, I tend to look at the profs I like to sit under. :)

Alex Au-Yong said...

"Will probably check them out tomorrow night"

Wah Cheryl.. you waste no time "checking" people out.. hahaha.. :P Sounds like you are ready for an evaluation.. Heheh..Nothing wrong with that... just thought I'd point out what you wrote.. LOL

Am glad you'll get a chance to meet my buddies soon. If they take you to Malaysian food, go for it!! You'll get your chance to each non spicy food.. haha.. Then again, don't miss the Taiwanese beef noodles and the pigs ears.. its simply *yummy*

The church is having a BBQ on the 2 July so here's your chance to "check out" more people there... REALLY..

... humungusss blessinds sista!!

jedibaba said...

Oh! You mean she is going to do THAT kind of checking out.... :-)

CP said...

Claro!

preciouscw said...

Hi there. Thanks for dropping in and leaving these entertaining comments. I finally met my other housemate, Earl (sorry CBC - Canadian born Chinese, not Caucasion) and had a gentle word with both the young men about their wee hours activities. So thank God for a very peaceful night - but that's not to say that sleep came easy! Must be because I've mastered too well the art of not sleeping even back home.
Don't worry I have no plans to keep up these detailed reports. Only for now, I'm still on a discovery mode and class only starts next week. :D

Yes, Alex, I'll be more mindful about checking people out.

Hey, guys give me a break ok? ;p Anyways, am glad you all are having fun reading these entries. Keep the enlightening comments coming.