God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Against All Odds

In my earlier post, I mentioned that I was not sure if I would be granted a student permit to begin my studies in June due to the fact that I've not received the official letter of acceptance from the College. Is it weird that despite both the College's attempts to send it to me via the post, it has simply not come? Well, not really, not for Malaysian postal system anyways. ;D

I saw this as an opportunity for God to work in this situation. I could have emailed the College to have it sent to me again via courier so that I could present it to the officers when they called me in. I didn't. My friend asked if I was putting out the fleece! Whatever it is, God came through against all odds. They granted me a student permit, with effect from 3 May 2005 (!) and I am required to enter Canada no later than 15 August 2005! So much for my idea of possibly delaying my departure to September. God has spoken loud and clear - go and don't tarry.

So far things have been amazingly smooth in the whole process. God's favour? Undeniably and I am truly grateful for that. Where does this lead to? Don't really know, for now. All I know and truly believe is that it will lead me closer to Him and His will for my life.

Perhaps I don't sound elated or as excited as I should be. I am excited but am also keenly aware that there are a lot of things I'm leaving behind. This is not easy. Never thought it would be. Right now, I'm feeling completely heart broken. Had to make some tough choices in aligning myself with this decision. It's taking the life out of me (one of my favourite expressions) ... for now but I know this is not a permanent state and will eventually get over it. :-p

Anyways this incident with the student permit, in a sense, has given me the one assurance I need - that He is already there, in the future. Amidst all the uncertainty I can be sure of this one thing, that He is with me. That's all that matters.

Then Moses said, "If You don't go with us personally, don't let us move a step from this place.
(Exodus 33:15)

Ps: Happy 05-05-05! Not auspicious or anything like that. Just me being naturally sensitive to numbers.

1 comment:

CheaYee said...

hello hello....

Yup, i noticed the 05-05-05
date as well!! Lolz..

Yes,I realise too that God will grant us our heart's desire if we have "faith" in Him.