God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Penny for your thoughts - pen it!

One reason I started blogging was because I enjoy writing but am not ready to write anything worth publishing. I can't help to wonder if it's just me or are there people out there who feels the same. I love reading and books - simply love buying them and wish I have all the time in the world to read them! That's probably where I got the idea of writing and tell people that I'd like to try my hand as a food jounalist or write reviews on F&B outlets when I retire! When I shared this idea about writing with a friend, we both agreed we'd love to write but couldn't think of any subject for me to write about. I guess this is because while there are a lot of things that interest me, I can't pinpoint any particular field I consider myself to be an expert.

This Christmas I received a gift from a friend. He is an aspiring writer and has come together with a few friends who call themselves the The Write Company. They meet up regularly to encourage and share their lives with one another as they pursue their dream to be writers. They've recently produced a collection of excerpts of their writings to give the public a first taste of their work. Birds of the same feather flock together the saying goes... It is funny how people who share the same passion will find each other out and we tend to be drawn towards like-minded folks.

My blog entries are mostly submitted at the wee hours of the morning, including this one. I wish I had more time to do this but those seem to be the only times I can find to do so. That's not exactly the most conducive time for me to exercise my creative writing skills but as my friend always remind me, we hardly ever operate under ideal conditions. This will have to do for now. I am enjoying every bit of it including the part of picking up some basic html commands along the way.

No comments: