God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Mixed Feelings

It's Boxing Day. Finally opened up all my Christmas gifts. Thank God for friends and family members. 2004 has been a pretty good year with a high learning curve for a young pastor. Somehow I noticed that I am most happy when I have a high learning curve. It's a pretty consistent pattern. Am grateful for opportunities to touch lives and be a channel of grace for Him, albeit a pale shadow of the Real Thing. There is still lots of room for improvement and I look forward to another year to learn more about Him. Learning to respond to His redeeming work in my life; to better reflect Him, to appreciate the people that He allows to cross my path; to depend on Him and trust Him.

At the moment I'm watching the breaking news of the worst earthquake in the world to hit in the past 40 years. 8.9 on the Richter scale from Sumetra! Tsunamis arising from it have hit and caused havoc in the region all the way to India, Sri Lanka and the Maldives. Yet we, who are just a stone's throw away from the epicenter, are relatively spared, except for parts of Penang and Langkawi. This is another testimony of the grace of God upon this nation. With thousands dead and death toll still rising, it has cast a shadow on this year's Christmas, resulting in mixed feelings.

No comments: