God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Interesting ... disturbing?

But God is up in heaven
And he doesn't do a thing,
with a million of angels watching,
And they never move a wing...
It's God they ought to crucify
Instead of you and me,
I said to this Carpenter
A-hanging on the tree.

- by Sindey Carter



Who never eat with tears his bread,

Who never through night's heavy hours
Sat weeping on his lonely bed,--

He knows you not, ye heavenly powers!

Through you the paths of life we gain,

Ye let poor mortals go astray,
And then abandon them to pain,--

E'en here the penalty we pay,


Goethe Poems from "Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship."

Book II., Chap. XIII.


Recently I had an experience of eating bread with tears, when the stress built up to a point I felt was pretty unbearable. It's odd that I should find such a poem.

1 comment:

Liptontea said...

Here's a BIG WARM HUG from home Cheryl ... hugz! -- pat