God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Friends


Kirstin - an American friend that I made from Summer. She's done for now, so it's time for another goodbye ...


Alison and Izumi ... we survived Greek together. Alison is a fellow Malaysian from DUMC. Izumi worked for a while in USA navy base in Japan and is the conductor for our Gospel choir! Not your typical Japanese girl at all.


These are some of my buddies that have helped keep me sane this past term. The pretty one in front of me is Dan Bee, a Korean first year student in UBC. Her parents have been missionaries in Kenya for quite a few years. Christina, on her right, is an Indonesian who grew up in Singapore, and this is also her first year in Vancouver. Her plan is to do graduate studies in Occupational Therapy in UBC. My friendship with Christina is pretty unique. Dan Bee is her housemate. We were celebrating Christina's birthday in an South East Asian restaurant with Indonesian, Malaysian and Singaporean cuisine. Yes!
Sophia and KC - newly wed from Singapore. They are fellow Regent students who stay in the same residence as me. We share to cook and eat dinner together most days of the week.


Sally, a fellow Regent student with Hong Kong parentage roots, hails from the Netherlands.


Cathy is a friend I met at the International students Alpha course I attend to help out. Majority of them, including Cathy, are from China.

No comments: