God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Series of 8s

All my entries have been entered on the 8th, 18th and 28th - it's so odd! Just couldn't help making that observation.

Someone once said (there I go again), that in Life it is important to distinguish between the problems and inconveniences. Most of what we complaint about are inconveniences of life. Hardly problems. I spend so much time fretting about what people think of me, what they expect of me, getting hurt when people misunderstand me, angry when I'm ignored, blah, blah, blah. The real problem is I'm too preoccupied with ME! Who cares what people think! Why should I allow their opinions to dictate my life? And they have only so much 'influence' or 'power' over me as I allow them. So get on with the program, Cheryl and get over it. There's so much more in life than to brew over these things and let them pull you down.
Truth is the only opinion that matters is His opinion. At the end of the day, the only thing that counts for anything is when I have to answer Him as to how I've lived my life! And it would be no excuse to tell Him then, that I've not really lived my life because I was paranoid about what people would think of me. Or I was too busy trying to please others and meet their expectations. That would be the greatest regret. And at that point, it will be all too late.

I'm determined to live as I believe. Do my best to live as He wants me to. And if people see it and agree with it, it's ok. If they don't, it's ok too! There's such a temptation and danger to live only for the visible... to be seen. I want to live my life like an iceberg - that there'll be so much more in the inner and invisible life compared to the outer and visible life.

Time is short. Carpe Diem!

No comments: