God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Thursday, July 08, 2004

How is your soul today?

My heart, my soul is the very center of who I am. My heart is the core of who I am and everything about me is an overflow from what's in there. Sometimes I like to fool myself to think that I'm just 'misbehaving' or behaving in a manner that is uncharacteristic of who I really am. If I'd be real honest I know I can never do anything that I really do not want to do - within my soul anyways. It is very scary to face who I really am but I guess it's even scarier to live in ignorance or denial of that. Today we're all looking for what is REAL.... but what is real? For me, this is my attempt to be real. Honest? Yes, but not irresponsibly so. If it is Truth without Love, then it is REAL-ly unloving.

This is not as easy as it seems. I realised how often I make statements in the 2nd person or even 3rd. It takes discipline to keep writing in the 1st person. Probably it is because it means I have to take personal responsibility for all that I am saying. It is very revealing; self-revealing I mean. I find this observation interesting.

I asked myself if I should blog to track my emotional state? Think that'll be boring and probably much too depressing! Will just pen whatever comes to mind... experiences, feelings, thoughts, ideas & opinions, convictions, whatever. Most probably a reflection of all these. An unreflected life is a wasted life - can't remember who said it.

No comments: