God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Lord have mercy

Some of you might have read about Ted Haggart's resignation. It's painful when we see a fellow Christian soldier, a general at that, fall. Absolutely heartbreaking. It is also a stark reminder that we are all susceptible to being tempted and none of us are immune to sin, but are kept by the grace of God. We all have our share of struggles in our areas of weakness and given the right combination of factors, you can never say what you are capable of doing.

Not only was Ted the Senior Pastor of New Life Church but also the president of the US National Association of Evangelicals. This one is particularly close to home. One of the worship pastors there is a friend whom I knew growing up, in the Youth Fellowship in my church.

I have no right to cast the first stone. I can only cast my prayers and invite you to do the same. It's a painful time for the Body of Christ. May the Lord have mercy and restore him and his family, sustain the church during this difficult period and the Body of Christ at large, especially those in America. Although he has suffered tremendous shame (friends tell me this was front page on national newspaper in NZ), it is not beyond redemption and the reach of God's grace.

The National Association of Evangelicals is a group that is 30-million strong with over 50 years of history. However, in the last few years, its headquarters has moved to an office within Haggard’s New Life Community Church with its staffers fully employed by the church. This failure on the part of the NAE to operate independent of any one church or person is among the most critical mistakes the organisation has made – a fault that must be acknowledged and amended immediately.
Read more here at Christianity Today

Our church's overseers have required me to submit to the oversight of Dr. James Dobson, Pastor Jack Hayford, and Pastor Tommy Barnett. Those men will perform a thorough analysis of my mental, spiritual, emotional, and physical life. They will guide me through a program with the goal of healing and restoration for my life, my marriage, and my family.
Read his personal statement to the church: New Life Church

No comments: