God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Body World - Part 2

I've just been alerted by my friend about some controversy that have arisen with regards to the above exhibition. As mentioned in my earlier blog, I am quite keen to visit this exhibition. Although I'm aware there will be a degree of shock factor, nevertheless I think it is an educational and eye-opening exhibition. I don't agree that this in any way dishonours the person whose body is being exhibited or lacks human dignity provided it is done with, and only with, the consent of the deceased. It must be voluntary donation of organs and body parts. Apparently many of the exhibits do include a consent statement, but some of them are questionable, in particular those coming from China. This is very sad and will seriously taint how this exhibition will be deemed in the eyes of the public.

See related articles here:
Article by National Public Radio
The Guardian
Article by Christoph Reiners, of Peace Lutheran
Article by Rabbi Baruch Frydman-Kohl
Stop Body Worlds Blog

No comments: