God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Let go .... let God be God

The Lord has really been speaking to me about letting go and to trust Him. It’s been pretty tough and I’m glad to have a friend here to help me process some of the crazy stuff that runs through my mind. So much fears to deal with and have been plagued by doubts. Perhaps it has something to do with spending too much time in my room, just working on my assignments. It does not help that the weather has been so lovely, bright and warm … makes me wanna go out and play! Anyways it's really about surrendering to God and letting Him take control of my life. There is no way I can make this Christian life by my own effort and I’m tired of trying. I'd much rather give my life over to Him and ask Him to take over the driver’s wheel. Why is it so hard to trust Him? It’s not as if I can trust myself!

The Lord showed me a picture of me getting up a bus (must be because I do that a lot here), carrying all my baggage. When I’m on the bus, I continued walking as if I needed to do something to get me to the destination of God’s promises and purposes! I still carried the baggages of fear and anxiety, reluctant to put them down. Then I looked for a map and tried to figure out how we're going to get there. When the bus goes through certain sections, I queried why we took this route and offered suggestions of alternative routes to the bus driver, which in this case is Jesus Himself! I’m so busy, so tired by my own doing. And then the Lord turned to me and gently told me – 'Cheryl, trust Me.' Today I felt the Lord asking me again, as I was doing the cleaning – 'Cheryl, have I ever failed you?' It’s no coincident that all the songs that Alex put in the IPod shuffle that he, Fabian and Yi Mei gave me, are all along the lines of putting my trust in Him. I am very grateful for them. It was like a long play worship session and they really ministered to me.

Well, it’s time to sit back and enjoy the ride. Don’t want to miss out the fun. Not knowing or being in control is part of the adventure. Some parts may be rough and I need to listen when He tells me to hang on. Other times, I simply rest in knowing that He’s taking me there and that I am completely safe in His hands! I thank God that He understands my fears and knows my anxiety. He does not judge me for them but offers to exchange them for an easy yoke and a light burden. What a glorious exchange. I thought I signed up for graduate school but the lessons I am learning is back to Foundations 100! Whether it is walking on water or trusting Him to supply all my needs, the bottom line is the same – I’ve got to get my eyes of the storm and keep my eyes on the Lord.

Postcript: I understand this may not be a side of me that many know about. Sorry if it came as a shock! You've been warned. This blog is not for the faint hearted.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi dearie...it's me, Majorie...surprise to hear from me? I've been following your blog, faithfully...as I thought i could use your experience as guidance in my own life...Yup, you were right...I was indeed taken aback by your story about being afraid of not able to control your life and surrendering everything to God and trusting Him in running your life for you. I'd just realised that you are human afterall...i'm facing the same problem right now and i have to admit, I am struggling...seeking help from church though...but, I definitely need a more BIGGER help from the above to guide me through...hope all will turn out fine...and hope things will be fine for you too! Take care and God bless!

Silverfox said...

Your thoughts of wisdom the Ruggeds are dearly missing,
A breath of words so wise that flows forth you bring.

Thanks to Chea Yee that I found your blog, Pastor Cheryl. I know now where to look for inspirations :) Sounds like you're already adapting to your new place, and I pray that everything will run smoothly and accordingly to the Lord's wishes.

- Aaron -

preciouscw said...

Thanks guys for following this blog and for leaving your comments. I'm glad to be able to 'reveal' my humanity. It is always good for the ego. ;p

Majorie, I'll be more than happy if you'd like to share a bit more of what you're going through. It gives me great comfort (and perhaps would to you too) to know that the father of faith, Abraham, struggled to trust God and learned to do so over many years.

Anonymous said...

well, I suppose it is always good to find someone close to your heart to talk to...if you don't mind, can you give me your email add? Or you can email me to octopus0104@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you soon.

Anonymous said...

Finally our dear Ps. Cheryl manage to change the system on posting comments! Haha! Those who leave comments on this current journal is just a small little part from the rest. If those who view yours n leave comments on it, i think you would beat Kennysia' record with 100 to 300 ppl in one column already~!

Trusting Him and letting Him to lead the way is the best solution.. i find a small little prayer really does help. I used to think God has so many people to take care of, n who am I? I'm just a minority in this whole big gigantic world. "Would He be answering to my prayer?" that's what I always ask myself. Yet, with His amazing faithfulness towards me, i realised he never gave up on me, or neglected my prayers. Prayers is the path to build a strong relationship and communicate well with God.

I'm facing some problems in my life as well. But I thank God for giving me this opportunity to change my attitude and mistakes that i've done. And I'm grateful to have this Wonderful Father in my life.

With your sensible words, you've managed to reflect what we should do when we encounter difficulties. Thank God for blog, and thank God for bloggers too! ;>

Anonymous said...

Hi (Ps.) Cheryl,

Found your blog through some links from IreneQ.

Were you from FGA?

preciouscw said...

Hi Neelhtak. Thanks for your comment. It's a shame I can't really identify you.


Hi Eugene,

Nice of you to stop by. I'm from FGA KL. Same church as Justin whom I reckon is a common friend from your blog. I've visited Irene's blogs before and just noticed her photo on one of them. She looks familiar. We're probably acquianted.
My brother's name is Eugene too so I was a little surprised when I read your comment.

Anonymous said...

Guess?

hint: Cheryl.......lyrehC

preciouscw said...

Yes, I got it. Regards to your brother and cousin!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,

I do think we know each other having served in TSF over 5 years ago :-)

Remember the group discussion with Stefan, Felicia and a few others over supper on the existence of God? It was right after the Planet Shaker's conference.

Hint: Cranky piano player ;-)