God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Good Work-out

Finally reached the end of the week. I took up a part-time position in my residence which basically involves cleaning of rooms as people check out and preparing rooms for check in. During the summer rooms are rented out to short term guests, not unlike a hotel. Only difference these are full facility units, including 2-bedroom townhouses. So there’s a lot more cleaning to be done. Although I’ve only worked less than 30 hours this week (including Saturday and Sunday ), it’s been pretty exhausting. On top of that I still put in the necessary hours to work on my assignments, which means staying up until 3am or waking at 6am to get some work done before I start my part-time job. Well, it is no Maid in Vancouver fairytale but it’s a lot more real – pay is good. It’s quite an experience.


Initially I thought I could manage it since I don’t have any classes and it's just withing the building. But after working from 10am- 8pm on my first day, I was simply too knocked to do any studying that night! So decided I’d just do it for this week and I’m glad it’s over. After a long day of work, I’m relieved the guys have offered to prepare dinner as it is pay back time for Michael who’s just finished his very extremely hectic Hebrews crash course few days ago. He’s been joining us for Sunday dinner but not been able to help with the preparation or stay too long. So dinner will be at his apartment unit tonight – we’ll have the place to ourselves since his roomies have all moved out!


Wasn’t able to go to church today but managed to attend mass yesterday evening in a Catholic church. Yup, you heard that right….makes the church visitation round complete by visiting different traditions! But the service was too short. We (Daniel joined me) were slightly late, trying to find the church and it was over in 45 minutes. Without any bulletin, it was hard to follow the liturgy which everyone else had no trouble knowing how to respond, when to sit or stand, etc as if they've all been so well-programmed! I thought about it and figured that’s probably how some may feel when they walk into my church back home. People know when to lift up their hands, clap, say Amen, sing in tongues, etc. as if we’re all very well-programmed!

3 comments:

immousy said...

wow! u get to work out and no need to pay gym fees :P

so, u won't be doing this anymore? ie looking for other jobs?

preciouscw said...

I will, I guess. Something not quite as hectic. After the summer perhaps. Need to manage my time because coursework can be pretty hectic and this will be first term.

I had another workout session yesterday but this time for a more fun reason - making 'sui jiao' (dumplings). From scratch too, so had a good time exercising my arm muscles kneading dough. :D

By the way, you'd be happy to note I've changed the time zone settings. Finally.

immousy said...

oh yeah, and i have to stop counting 15 hours backwards to see what time u r up in the night or wee morning to post. i m stalking u, ya know :P hehehe