God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Hear ye, hear ye

As you'd notice, I've finally changed the song on my blog. It's a familiar song and may bring to mind the trailer for 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy'. My apologies to those who listen to radio streaming when checking my blog. I hope you can disable it although I admit I've not figured out how to do that for my browser. I've also allowed for comments by non-bloggers. So feel free to drop me a line if you are up to it. Will try to update my blog more often.

Been here 1½ month and have received all sorts of news from home. The sudden and tragic death of a young lady friend whom I've known from my youth. Besides KL, this news came to me from New Zealand, Hong Kong and Australia. It is very sad. Then a couple who is very dear to me informed me they've broken off. Another has just began a brand new relationship, which will be maintained long distance. 2 engagement announcements from good friends. There were breakthroughs in the workplace for others. One who has remained faithful despite being in a very corrupted environment. God vindicated recently by opening a door to a fantastic job offer. Another who has been longsuffering and remained submitted to a very unreasonable and insecure superior for an extended period of time. Made things very difficult even though both were holding senior positions. Only to suddenly receive news that the company had dismissed the boss when they discovered a huge and costly mistake committed by him. Unbelievable turn of events. Indeed they will testify that the battle belongs to the Lord.

That's life. You cry with those who weep, rejoice with those who laugh, comfort the broken and celebrate the victories. Ultimately it leads me to worship and acknowledge that God is very much alive and actively working in our world. I don't always understand and since He is God, He may or may not choose to explain. I don't get to decide that but I can choose to trust Him. And this I do because I think to myself, He is God and I am not.

No comments: