God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Survived the first week of Greek

Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta ... I only knew these icons in Maths and playing Alchemist (online computer game!) It's pretty challenging with the professor covering 4 topics in the first class. I have barely learned my alphabets! Not funny at all. Discovered that the English definite article 'the' has 24 different permutations in Greek depending on what word it accompanies. Must get it into my head that it's not about how the words are ordered in a sentence that gives the sentence its meaning but the cases found in each word. It's complicated ... but just to give a feel of what I mean, a sentence like ' love Starbucks coffee I' would be a good sentence. Just have to look at the words carefully to know which one is the object and which is the subject of the sentence. Besides Greek, there are the requirements and workload for the other courses. Try not to let them overwhelm me. A step at a time, a day at a time ... with lots of organisation, focus and discipline. Of course, not without a large dose of grace, wisdom, strength daily!

Been doing quite a bit of experimenting with cooking since we have dinner together quite regularly. It's pretty encouraging to see what I cooked being finished up! At least gives me some motivation to cook... or to learn how to cook! Celebrated Mooncake Festival with some friends at my place, complete with mini mooncake, red bean soup and baby yam. Had a good mix between us too, from Canadian, Indonesian, Singaporeans and a fellow Malaysian. In case anyone is wondering, the moon is very full and bright over here too. In fact probably clearer without air pollution. Yes, revealing my fascination with the moon, stars and stuff in the sky (sorry, not sure what the proper collective noun is) and weather related matters. Well, here I am just grateful for everyday that we can still see the sun and having fine weather.

A goalless draw from Liverpool. It's definitely better than losing to ManU.

No comments: