God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Friendship and Fellowship

I had the opportunity to spend a day with two friends last Sunday, one of whom I met on Sunday on the way to church. He’s a Singaporean Anglican minister. We worshipped together at Broadway Church, which was a very big and beautiful church. Then we went for lunch and sightseeing in Grandville Island, this happening marketplace that has all sorts of shops and food outlets. It’s very pretty and buzzing with activities since we’re right in the middle of summer. It was so odd, that between the 3 of us we’ve been serving in the ministry for 6 years (almost) , 12 years and 18 years respectively. What's more, we're all not (or won't be) in our respective churches as they go through the 40 Days of Purpose Driven Life! We bought some stuff and they came over to my place for a cookout. Thus dinner was a team effort… teruk-ah made my guests cook! We cooked curry chicken and fried some vegetables – yeah just somethings to remind us of home. They were quite eager to teach me some survival skills and passed me lots of tips. I think they feel like they’re looking out for me or something. Later we shared about our burden for ministry and stuff. Thank God for the gift of friendship and fellowship. It was really good that we could encourage each other and remind one another of God’s goodness and faithfulness upon our life. After dinner, Daniel gave both of us each a gift – a book entitled 'A Biblical Approach to Chinese Traditions and Beliefs'. This is a book I’m familiar with as I used to recommend them to those in the New Believers’ Class. Only to discover at this point that I’m having dinner with the author … or I should say had the author cook my dinner for me! Anyways I thank God for bringing us together and the friendship formed but they will be returning to Singapore soon.

(See photos above)

1 comment:

immousy said...

WHAATTT????? OOOOHHHHHHHHHH
You had dinner with the author of 'A Biblical Approach to Chinese Traditions and Beliefs'.

What could be more cool than that??
How much more fun is God giving???

*envy mousy* HEHEHE