God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Life is about changes and learning to enjoy the adventure of journeying in life with Him. I can't see what's ahead and have no way of controlling how things will go. I can only trust Him, that He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Officially an Aunt -YEA!

Santa came early this year and delivered this bundle of joy (literally bundled up!)



Her name is Eliana! The name is of Hebrew origin which means "the Lord answers." She arrived safely into this world in Assunta Hospital at 4.55am on 13th Dec 2006. She weighs 3.2kg and measures 49.2cm. Aww so cute... like the fact that she's a nice lock of hair and also pretty pouty lips (probably from her father). I know all newborn babies tend to frown but she does seem to look rather serious in the first photo. I wonder if she's going to be a thinker ... serious and siao like her auntie! Har har har ... In my completely biased opinion I think she's going to one super-cool girl. Can't wait to meet her in person. So (drumroll) that makes me an aunt officially!

Keegan (my brother) already bought her a couple of branded pieces of clothing and can't wait to go home for his summer break (currently studying in Melbourne) to adorn her. LOL ... he's going home to adorn the Christmas gift of our family. Of course I've already sent a Roots (Canadian brand) baby tee (literally) her way, which has been waiting for her arrival, and will be my first Christmas present to her. My parents are quite excited that they are now officially Datuk and Nenek. Just as they've been such cool parents, I'm sure they'll be even cool-er grans! In fact my mum took these photos with the digital camera on her mobile phone (check out the size of the photos) and emailed them to the rest of the family spread all over the world, including my dad who was in China when Eliana arrived.

As you can tell, we're all quite inclined to spoiling her silly. Plan to make full use of this privilege of being an aunt, although her parents think they're more likely to send her to me if she needs to be disciplined. Hmmm ... Thank you Lord for this precious gift.

p/s: Being part of such a cool bunch in her family, you probably won't be surprised to know that she already has her own blog and gmail account! Muah har har har har (evil laugh)

No comments: